Thursday, February 5, 2009

So I got it right....sort of, kind of...

This goes with my post from last week (Getting Off My Chest).

Well Steve has been sick for going on day #4 now. Earlier this morning as I was going about my morning duties, I was getting annoyed, and "short" with Steve. After I left the house, I then became just plain mad (after all - how dare he really be sick). After getting to work, calming down, taking time to pray and just listen...I took notice on God's gentle nudging. Soooooo, picked up the phone and called home. BUT because I was still in that fleshly battle, I asked a few questions and then hung up! "Dawn...you are MISSING IT....this is NOT the reason for your call, now settle down and GET IT RIGHT".
So, I turned right around, picked up the phone, took a deep breath and asked Steve to forgive me for not using loving words or tone, and could I pray for him. As most always, he immediately forgave me, and we had a wonderful opportunity for prayer.

AND.....I didn't have to let the whole day go by on a bad mood, and Steve could then just rest comfortably at home and "soak in the Lord's presence" without hard feelings.

Thank you God for never giving up on me, and for helping me to "GET IT RIGHT" early!

1 comment:

Gberger said...

I'm just getting caught up with you here. It must be stressful for you, with your love at home, sick, and you out at work. So glad that you were able to pray together and receive God's comfort.
I know that there are "those days"...and they are HARD. I join you in wishing that heaven had cell phone/text service, or at least, email! I hope Jordan is enjoying the crazy weather we're having...it snowed yesterday, and today it's GORGEOUS, clear and blue. Keeps us on our toes!